Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Made this wonderful recipe tonight! The grating process was a little time consuming but it was worth it!!!
5 medium sweet potato
1/2 cup diced frozen onions
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Mrs Dash original blend
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grate your sweet potato with a cheese grater OR if your food processor has a grating feature use that. It will make life SO much easier.
3. Heat up a frying pan on high heat. Add EVOO. Add the sweet potato, onion and Mrs Dash. Cook until sweet potato begins to brown and soften.
4. Add sweet potato hash in 9 x 13 greased pan. Begin to create holes for your eggs.
5. Crack your eggs into the hash and bake for 15-20 mins depending on how runny you want your eggs.
6. Sprinkle with desired seasoning and serve.
Recipe adapted from Dieffs
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Haven't posted a recipe in a while and tried two new yummy recipes out today! I fell in love with both and they will be added to my favorites!
Chicken Cabbage Stir-Fry
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 large bag of frozen stir fry veggies
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic liquid aminos (soy sauce substitute)
Cut chicken breasts into strips. Heat oil in frying pan, sauté chicken. After chicken is finished add cabbage and cook until tender. Boil water for frozen stir fry veggies (follow directions on the bag). Add in cooked stir fry veggies. Mix seasonings, organic liquid aminos and water together and then pour over the mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
This is a perfect pre-workout snack or a nice way to kick a sweet tooth!
Chocolate Covered Fruit Yogurt
-1 small container of greek yogurt
-Handful of fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (Strawberries, Raspberries, Cherries, Bananas, Pineapples)