Now that Kyle has finished his 10 Day Cleanse, I am going to start Tasty Thursday again! Here is a yummy recipe I changed up a little to make it more of a "clean" eating option! Original recipe was taken from Alisha's Appetite.
Buffalo Cauliflower and Chicken CasseroleIngredients:
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 large to extra large chicken breast, chopped
1-2 TB Frank’s Hot Sauce (or any clean hot sauce you like, low sodium is best)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Ian's Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
2 oz part skim mozzarella cheese ( if you must, I held this until finished cooking and just sprinkled a little on top)
handful of fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Boil the chopped cauliflower in a pot of water for a couple of minutes. Blanch in cold water and set aside.
3. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, saute the chopped onion and chopped chicken in a large pan for a few minutes until the chicken is almost done. Add the garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper and continue cooking until chicken pieces are cooked through.
4. Add the entire can of diced tomatoes and cauliflower and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
5. Transfer the mixture to a sprayed baking pan. Top with the mozzarella cheese, panko bread crumbs and chopped parsley.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until nice and bubbly.