Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10 Day Cleanse: Day 1

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse: Day 1

Hey everyone, this is Kyle (Brittany’s husband). I will be blogging for the next 10 days about my journey during the Cleanse phase of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I am choosing to only do the Cleanse phase, and not the entire Challenge, because Brittany and I are still eating healthy since Brittany finished her challenge.  I wanted to do the 10 Day Herbal cleanse because it helps in detoxifying the body as well as promoting lean muscle mass, and improving your immune system!  I will be sharing my daily meals, and snack choices with you, and also my feelings that day, and a helpful hint. Hope you enjoy!

Day 1:
Dinner (Meal 5)
  • Immediately upon rising (On an empty stomach): Fruit punch Spark and (3) Catalyst tablets.
  • Pre-Breakfast: Fiber Drink (Stir in 8oz of water, and drink quickly and follow with another 8oz of water).
  • Breakfast (Meal 1): Berry Meal Replacement Shake.
  • Mid-Morning Snack (Meal 2): Apple and natural peanut butter.
  • Lunch (Meal 3): Leftover turkey burger stuffed pepper with brown rice.
  • Mid Afternoon Snack (Meal 4): Advobar Raw.
  • Dinner (Meal 5): Turkey Meatloaf, sweet potato with cinnamon, broccoli and cauliflower and (2) Omegaplex tablets.
    Turkey Meatloaf from 24 Day Challenge Recipe Guide
  • Evening Snack (Meal 6): Baked Cinnamon and Pear for two (see recipe below), perfect for a nightly sweet tooth
  • At Bedtime- Herbal cleanse tablets with 8oz of water.
Day 1 water intake - 140oz

Feelings: I have to admit, I was a little eerie about starting the Cleanse phase, and how I would feel, but after getting half way through the first day, to lunch, I felt really good. There were some points during today that I felt hungry, but after my snack/meal, I was satisfied. All in all, it was a great first day!

Helpful Hint:

Baked Cinnamon and Pear Recipe ( thanks to my wife!)

1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 egg white
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 pears cored and chopped





Preheat oven to 350. Spray oven safe ramekin with cooking spray. Divide pears into two ramekins.  In a small bowl mix together oats, egg white, vanilla extract, and cinnamon and pour mixture over pears. Bake for 20-25 minutes! Enjoy! 





If you stumbled across this site and have questions about AdvoCare and/or the 24 Day Challenge, please feel free to visit our SITE, our Facebook page AdvocarePAChampions, or email me at advocarepachampions@gmail.com. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment